Aloysius J. Massoth age 87 passed away January 6th at Villa St. Joseph in Overland Park, Kansas.
Al as he was known was born November 7, 1925 in Piqua, Kansas to Frank and Elizabeth Weber Massoth. He was united in marriage on May 7, 1952 to Julia Mae Korphage in Chanute, Kansas
They moved to Paola in 1955, where he worked for the Frisco (St. Louis, San Francisco) Railroad which later was merged with Burlington Northern Railroad. He also worked on the family farm most of his adult life. He enjoyed and was very active at Holy Trinity Catholic Church, in the Ursuline Lay Associates program, and volunteered at Lakemary Center. Al also enjoyed sponsoring mission work and visiting with friends and family.
Al is preceded in death by his parents, wife, son Michael, and 7 brothers.
Survivors are his children Richard J. (Susan) Massoth of Shawnee Kansas, William H. (Celeste) Massoth of Lewisville, Texas, Janis (Greg) Nelson of Ft. Worth, Texas, 4 grandchildren, and one brother Martin Massoth of Springfield, Missouri.
Instead of flowers the family would request that memorials be contributed to any of the following organizations that Al has supported in his life:
1. Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Paola, KS 66071
2. Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph, 8001 Cummings Road, Maple Mount, KY 42356
3. Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, 9720 West 87th Street, Overland Park, KS 66212
4. Food for the Poor, 6401 Lyons Creek Road, Coconut Creek, FL 33073
5. Christian Foundation for Children and Aging, 1 Elmwood Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66103